I had two SUPER black SUPER ripe bananas with me, so baking banana bread came to mind right away. But I changed it to muffins because I have plans to make another type of muffin sometime soon, thus bought muffin tins.
Inspired by this recipe from Cookpad.com, a Japanese recipe website that I often check, I made these delicious muffins!
Banana (2 ripe)
Eggs (2 medium)
Butter (1/2 cup)
Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
Whole wheat flour (1 and 1/4 cups)
Baking powder (1 tsp)
1. Melt the butter way beforehand. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl with melted butter, pour in sugar, breaking into 2 or 3 times.
3. Add already scrambled egg into the large bowl, breaking into 2 or 3 times (this is so that butter don’t separate from the other ingredients).
4. Add the dry ingredients (don’t forget 1 tsp of baking powder! I almost forgot).
5. Add mushed bananas to the mixture. Mix well. Here you can also add nuts, raisins, honey to your liking.
6. Bake. 15 minutes for muffins, 45 minutes for bread. Stick a bamboo stick/toothpick and if the stick comes out clean with no gooey banana mixture, it’s done. Cool it for 5 minutes in the tins, then cool off the tin afterwards.