I’ve never had this cookie before nor have I seen a recipe for it, but I wanted to make a healthy cookie that combined all the ingredients I had in the fridge! And it’s holiday season, which means cookie baking time!
Dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter, 1/4 stick, at room temperature
Egg, 1, beaten
Vanilla extract, 1 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, coconut flour, ground flax seed, instant oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and butter that’s at room temperature (my favorite part of making cookie!)
4. In another medium bowl, put mix together beaten eggs with vanilla extract. Add #3 in the mixture.
5. Then slowly add the dry ingredients (#2) into the bowl with eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, and butter (completion of your dough!)
6. Mix well, then on a sheet pan with parchment paper, drop a ping pong ball size dough, then flatten it with your finger or with a fork
7. Ready to put in the oven! Put in the cookies for about 12 minutes or until golden brown, then take it out from the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes, then set the cookies on a cooling rack until completely cool or eat them warm