This could be the healthiest brownies that exits on this planet. This secret brownies (secret already given away by the title) has red beans as its base instead of the normal flour. My recipe has been modified from this version from Food52.
Red beans/azuki beans, 1 cup dry or 2 cups cooked, cooked and boiled
Eggs, 3 large
Canola oil, 3 tablespoons
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Espresso powder (optional), 2 teaspoons
Baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, a pinch
1. For the red beans, you should soak them overnight in water. Or bring water to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, add new water and do the same for another 30 minutes. This allows the bitterness to wash away.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Blend all the ingredients into a large bowl. Make sure that the azuki beans are not hot but at room temperature. This is your red bean brownie batter!
4. Place a parchment paper on your pan. It can be a square pan or be creative with a circular pie pan–anything is good as long as you can put it in the oven. Pour your batter into your pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or when the toothpick sticked to the center comes out clean.
5. Once it’s done, place the hot pan on a cooling rack. Let it cool.
6. Oh, mine has sprinkles of cocoa nibs on top! Place before baking.
Original recipe found here: http://food52.com/recipes/10609_red_bean_espresso_brownies