One night, I just really wanted to make cinnamon rolls. This feeling had never hit me before, I had never made cinnamon rolls before, so where did this feeling come from? I don’t know, but I made them!
Well, I couldn’t really make normal-sized ones because my pantry is missing one of the main ingredients of the dough, active dry yeast. But I came up with a solution that perhaps I don’t need yeast if I made mini ones. (And to add, I wanted it to eat it right away… I had no patience to wait for the dough to rise, etc.).
I made my own recipe.
Whole wheat flour, 2 cups
Water, 1 cup (can’t remember…)
Baking powder, 1 tablespoon
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Brown sugar, as much as you want
Cinnamon, as much as you want for the rolling part of the dough
Salt, 1/8 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and water in a large bowl. Knead. If it seems like it needs some more moisture, add water.
3. Make a flat rectangle. Generously sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Add butter cubes here!!!! to make this deelicious!
4. Roll the dough, so you’re creating a roll (hah)
5. Slice the rolled dough in 1 inch thickness. At this point, you’re making cinnamon rolls! You can see them!
6. Place the rolls on your baking pan (I used a muffin tin). Place in oven for about 15 minutes. Don’t let it overcook! otherwise it’ll turn out dry!