Jeff loves dark chocolate. The darker the better for him, and his college friends all know that he would eat that sand-like tasting 100% chocolate. This past weekend, he came across chocolate craving that turned into a recipe. Sorry–not really chocolate from scratch aka cocoa beans, but it’s developed from Ghirardelli 100% cocoa unsweetened baking chocolate.
Keep in mind that this was our trial run, and also that the ingredients list is versatile.
Ghirardelli 100% cocoa unsweetened baking chocolate, one bar or 4oz, hand chopped
Splenda (or sugar), 4 packets
Almond sliver and chia seed, about 1-2 teaspoon
Brown sugar and toasted black sesame seeds, as much as you’d like
1. Microwave the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe container. 30 seconds, then stir, then another 15 seconds.
2. As you stir your melted chocolate, add your ingredients. We had almond slivers, chia seeds, and splenda.
3. While it’s still hot, pour the chocolate over a oven safe pan that has parchment paper on it. Flatten it out.
4. Sprinkle with your choice of topping. We had brown sugar and black sesame seeds.
5. Then put your pan with chocolate in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Done!