Valentine’s prepping this year was lots of fun because I was on a baking mission. I hardly bake because I don’t have an oven at home and because I’m more on the savory food making side, but I borrowed my mom’s kitchen (aka my fav and most beautiful and practical kitchen of my liking, not to forget that there’s a variety and fancy ingredients to use… hehe). So then I baked away banana muffins!
At first, I baked using okara, which is a byproduct of tofu-making. I’ve been using lots of okara lately (I’m in the making of my ultimate banana bread recipe… only after I wrote here that I’m not a baker… the master recipe seems like it will take a while to publish.) because okara contains lots of protein and doesn’t spike one’s blood sugar level – I find it more healthy than using regular flour. But then my first batch of okara banana muffins failed because it is difficult to raise okara even with baking powder, and my batch turned out doughy. So then this time, I had to give in and use regular flour (good thing I was at my mom’s house because I wouldn’t have had that backup option).
I made these very heartsy themed chocolate banana muffins!
Unsalted butter, at room temperature, 100g
Baking powder, 10g
Chocolate chips, as much as you’d like (I used and chopped up yummy Columbian 70% chocolate)
Vanilla extract, 4-5 dashes
Moringa powder, 1 tablespoon
- Mix together butter and honey well.
- Add in egg and milk. Stir well.
- Combine baking powder, flour, moringa powder, then stif together with 1 & 2
- Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Stir.
- Put them in muffin tins and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, and done!
If you want the chocolate icing…
- It’s not an icing actually, but I melted together Columbian 100% cocoa and the last bits of 70% chocolate I had.
- Use a spatula to cleanly paste on whole chocolate “icing,” and add heart confettis while the chocolate is still hot on your muffins!
You can find bliss balls in the last photo, and that will be for another post when I find my favorite bliss ball recipe. Hope everyone had a love-filled Valentine’s Day!